Friday 16 August 2013

RESULTS!!!

Two years of revision, going out less, not missing a single lesson (yup, that's me. Never skipped a single lesson in two years) all came down to this one day. A few letters on a piece of paper, ink on a tree. The sleepless night and the early wake just to see whether I'd been accepted to the University of my first choice. I wasn't disappointed!!! This meant my grades weren't too bad. However, I did hope that I could go to another university which would have been amazing for me. But those few letters said otherwise.
Still, I was confirmed at a University (which I didn't really want to go to) and for that I was happy. After several calls and seeing people frantically trying to get hold of someone on the other side of their phones, I managed to decline the University that accepted me and got an offer at a totally different University (which was actually my second choice).

I'll come out with it. I studied English Language, Sociology & Psychology (which I totally hate) and I got Cs for all of them. I was disappointed. Really upset. My predicted grades were BBC and I was far off from them. It made me more annoyed. I remember the Sociology and English exams not being too difficult but I still ended up with Cs.

But the thing is, even though I was disheartened by my results, down the phone, my parents were cheering and celebrating, my sisters were telling their friends and relatives were calling me up. How could I be so down with my results when my family were over the moon!!!??? Sure, I could have done ten times better but I could have also done twenty time worse.

We should be proud of ourselves. We are the young people of the 21st century, bombarded, distracted and diagnosed with a disease know as technology - social networking sites.

We've been accepted to Universities and that's the most important thing.

Anyway, I was awaiting a few beats, punches here and there for when I got home. Nothing bad or personal. That's just how my siblings celebrate a happy moment. Luckily, they were distracted by my half smile, and tried to cheer me up and it worked.

I've always been and always will be grateful for the family I was born and raised into. Supportive no matter what the outcome may be.

We should appreciate what we have, who we have and love those who support us dearly.

Appreciate the magnificent opportunities we had/have. Some people around the globe would die to have our place and have the right to education. We need to take advantage of these opportunities. It's sad that I've realised this now because I will have to pay for University from my own pockets (later in life).

Think of the situation you are in and the situation someone your age is in, somewhere in Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Burma, India etc. You will find a big difference.

I am proud of us all and in order for others to be happy with the results we got, we need to be happy with ourselves.

Peace!!!
Over and out

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had grades like you guys, we have numbers from 1 to 5. And at the end of each school year we get a "final grade" which is basically an average grade from all 15 subjects, so it can be 4,27 or something like that. And if you have a grade higher than 4,5 you are a "great student", if you have between 3,8 and 4,5 you are "very good", and so on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds soooo complicated. Lol. Our numbers equal to a letter and that is our grade.

      Delete