Sunday 14 June 2015

Post 2. Acne and Bacne - Products I have used

Eeeep!!! I apologise for not posting last week. I was super busy being lazy. Kidding. I had loads to do but here I am this week.
I will go through some of the products which I have used and whether they have worked. 

It's normally a blue pot
Creams I have used
I used to always use 'Astral cream'. This was the typical family cream. It didn't really effect my skin but it was quite greasy so I thought I'd change it about. 

I later started using 'Cocoa Butter'. Although it left my skin soft, it actually dried it out and I had to apply the cream a number of times throughout the day. 

I heard that 'Sudocrem' (the cream which mothers use on their babies bums when they get a nappy rash) was good for spots so I started using that. Every night I would apply it to the affected areas in a thick layer and every morning I would wash it off. No difference!!! It just left me looking pale. (It works on some people though)

I recently tried out a cream called 'Silk Cream'. It it made of natural ingredients and after seeing reviews from people which helped with fading acne scars, I invested in a pot which cost £15. Again, I didn't really see a difference. 

I won't even start on the prescribed creams I got for my spots. None of these actually worked. And I get quite impatient. I move onto different products really fast. 

Now, I've kept my creams to a minimum. I literally use Nivea sun lotion as my everyday cream as it helps to lighten acne scars and protects from the sun. 

Face Washes
Oh my Lord!!! I have tried so many face washes in my lifetime and I'm pretty sure I will not be able to name all of them. 

Let me start with Tea Tree Oil. I have used the face pads, wipes, the spot sticks, the face wash, face scrub and the ointment for my acne. As a teenager, hardly anything worked on my face as my acne was pretty cray cray and not even tea tree oil could help me out. I stopped using this and even today, it doesn't really work on me.
This works on a lot of people though so I would recommend it as I have seen the changes on my
sister.

I then started to use, Garnier face wash. This has zinc in it and I think this helped with the spots on my face. I realised my spots were calming down and I wasn't having that many breakouts. But I later found out that the Garnier brand was supporting Israel so I started to boycott it. Even their 'Pure Active' face scrubs were leaving my skin feeling good.
Finally the one thing which worked on me was not good for humanity. 

I then came across a bottle of Clean & Clear face wash which my cousin had left in my house. So I used that and again, my face felt much clearer and even my marks were starting to fade a little. However, this decent product is also a brand which supports Israel so again, I decided I will no longer use it.

Other face washes which I have used for the sake of using have been, Olay face wash, Simple face scrub and Lush products (which my kind friend gets for me). The face masks from Lush are very soothing and leaves the skin feeling smooth. The scrubs are good exfoliators but for acne prone skin, it doesn't help much. It has been more of a luxury to use Lush products than it
actually making a change on my skin. 

I have used spot wands, creams from different parts of the world, medication from the homopathy and many other products which will all probably add up to a huge cost. 
So as of last year, I decided I was going to start using home remedies. I have not bought face washes for a while now unless I have been away. 
Using products which I already have at home has been very effective financially as well as on my skin and with my acne.

Keep an eye out for next week's blog post where I will go through some of the home made and natural rememdies I have been using and what has been working on me. 

If you haven't already, check out last weeks post

and follow my personal and social Instagram pages for pictures and updates

No comments:

Post a Comment