Wednesday 9 September 2015

I'm Sorry

I am sure we have seen the images of washed up bodies being brought ashore of our brothers, sisters and our little children. 
One of images which has captured the hearts of many - 3 year old Aylan Kurdi - whom I have written a poem about.
This is called "I'm Sorry"

I apologise with great sincerity for how I failed you
Not being there when you needed a helping hand.
I apologise for how you couldn't reach your destination
As was planned.
I'm sorry.
I apologise on behalf of my government who ignored you
For adding you to a list of numbers and names.
I apologise for their ignorance and cowardness and for being so inhumane.
I'm sorry.
My little brother lay lifeless
With his face buried in the sand.
The waves of the salty sea splashing against him
His father far away from land.
I'm sorry you had to leave this way
Escaping war and terror.
To come to seek shelter and help
But ending up in this error.
I'm sorry you couldn't live your life
And chase all your dreams
Three years was not enough
And everyone failed you it seems.
I'm sorry that the one and only time I saw you was in the pictures the media showed
For I missed out on the smiles and laughter that was like sweetness in this world.
Im sorry for not helping physically but my hands have been raised high whilst praying.
I pray to God to help you and answer the prayers I have been saying.
"Oh Lord save the people of this world from bloodshed and tears
Give them strength during such tough times and accept them as martyrs".
I'm sorry for all I have are words to say
But I know you are with children your age.
With angels as your guardians
And your laughter echoing through the seven heavens.


Please donate generously on 
https://www.justgiving.com/TriForSyria/
Three of my sisters will be doing a triathlon to raise money for our brothers and sisters to help them with aid and other necessities and have a target of £2000. Please help them reach this. 

Check out my previous poem 
http://salaamsalma.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/it-is-us-who-have-died-poem.html

Follow my personal and social Instagram pages for pictures and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment