Thursday 9 April 2015

Health & Fitness Day 2 & 3

I am a night time blogger so when I say I will post something on Wednesday, it will either be in the evening or after the clock has struck past midnight, which means I have actually posted on Thursday.
But it is not a new day until you fall asleep then wake up right?

So carrying on from my Monday post about my 'No Carb' intake. 
Day 3 has just passed and I must say, I have not suffered at all. 
I thought by day 2 I would be having a meltdown, breakdown, mid life crisis, all sorts, but I am glad to say 'I am fine!'

Day 2 (Tuesday)
07.04.2015
Breakfast
After a short jog around the park on Monday I woke up on Tuesday morning unable to move without pain. After all, it has been a long time since I've put any of my muscles to use. The pain was a good kind of pain like a 'pain equals to gain' kinda pain.  

Breakfast
This was porridge with cashew nuts & almonds. 
I attempted a 10 minutes ab- workout but died a little after the first 2 minutes. (I made up for it by cleaning my room all evening)
After this 'workout' I downed a small cup of fruit and veg smoothie: Celery, Cucumber, ginger, lemon, spinach leaves (and a few other things which I have forgotten)
My sister told me as she made this 'it's not about the taste, think of the benefits of it'. 
Smoothie
I was no PopEye but it felt healthy. 

Lunch
A simple tuna salad: Tomatoes, lettuce, spinach leaves, onions, celery, lemon, sea salt and tuna. 

Dinner
When my brother did the meat shopping (The big boy shopping), he bought chicken, lamb and a packet of frozen kebabs in case we had a relapse. 
It was only day 2 but we dived into those kebabs as though we had suffered enough. The sides were not so bad though: Corn on cob, peas and surprise surprise, Salad!!!

Tuna Salad
Nonetheless. Day 2 went rather well. 








Day 3
08.04.2014

Breakfast
More like brunch as I was out in the morning and did not have time for breakfast. 
This was an omelette with mushrooms, onions and sweetcorn.

Lunch 
I decided to walk to Stratford where the Olympic Park is from home. This walk is 2.3 miles (according to google maps). Once we were there, lunch was at 'The Grill'. I love eating out and I always get my main with a side of chips or rice, but not this time. 
Lamb chop, chicken, chicken wing & sausage. Not bad ey? I just watched the people around me indulge in the chips and carb loaded naan bread and not once did I feel tempted. After walking around, window shopping, chilling at the Olympic park it was time for the 2.3 miles walk back home again. 
Once home, I decided to go swimming. After doing a few laps, I felt it was enough and my shoulder blades are actually aching. But the good kinda pain.
Corn on Cob Cake

Dinner
SALAD!!! with Mackerel fish. This isn't dinner material so in came the corn on cob an hour later.

All in all, Day 3 went well. 

11 more days to go... Will I manage!? Next blog post will be on Friday (night)

Peace Out

(And thank you to all those who have been supporting me and advising me. I really do appreciate it and it motivates me to do stay determined and not lose focus on my goals)

Check out my blog post from Day 1

Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment