Saturday 14 February 2015

Lurve (February Bloggging Challenge)



(Firstly I apologise for a late blog post. One day late. My first February Blog Challenge fail. Forgive meee!)
Anyhoo, now that that dramatic moment is over...
The topic of today will be LURVE, LOVE, LUV, ELL OH VEE EE, L-O-V-E

Yes, it's February 14th and everyone is in that lovey dovey mood and for those who are single – a foul/depressed mood. Firstly, if you are single – POWER TO THE WOMEN!!! (and men)
Love yourself. That's more than enough.
For those in love – get a room.

I am actually not a big fan of Valentines day:
  1. Haha. So my sister made me this a while ago (This is a joke)
    Because I believe the day of love should be everyday. Why have just one day to show your love and gift your partner?
  2. You are actually getting ripped off. This day is not just about love and affection but a day of economic gain. (I actually think handmade gifts, home made meals, playing games etc. is more romantic than buying the latest Gucci bag or Lindor Chocolates... Though I wouldn't mind the chocolates)
  3. Because Adam Saleh hasn't asked me yet (but that is another matter, he doesn't know of my existence...yet)

Despite not being a big fan of this day, I do go out with my family for a nice meal but to be honest, this is no different to other days. I just classify my four sisters to be my Valentines but they do wish they had a partner to spend it with rather than their sisters. HAHA. There is no escaping Salma!
We just show more love to one another (through violence... I do come from a pretty boy stressed background)

During my school days where I used to attend a girls only school, I remember the exchange of plastic roses, secret Valentines & pretending to be a couple with someone. Those were the days of stupidity, innocence and fun. And not to forget, the heart shaped face paint on the cheeks of every other girl and something red which was worn.
I'd like to see what young girls and boys do now. The time slot from 12pm to 5pm before their parents go out looking for their kids – Does this still happen?

Amateur photography by moi
The rose my pops gave to my beautiful momma
Talking about parents, my parents have been married for over thirty years. Even though my father takes my mother out on dinner dates occasionally (to the local kebab shop) and buys her gifts, today was the first time I witnessed him giving her a rose. SO CUTE!
(And he bought the rest of us crisps. Wooh!!)

I don't think he specifically bought it for Valentines (because he doesn't believe in this day) but rather because he went shopping, saw a pretty rose and bought it.
Either way, I found it beautiful how thirty years later, through all the ups and downs, they are always there for each other and always there for us. They will always and forever be my first true love.

To end this post, I just want to say, don't leave it to one day in the year to show your loved ones how much you love them, use everyday to show your affection. (Use tomorrow to show extra love because all the chocolates will be on sale. Just sayin'.)
Surprise your loved one once in a while with a hand written letter, a poem, a handmade macaroni necklace or something creative. It's not all about the money, its the thought and effort put into it which counts.

This was the Love Guru with the latest post.
Hope you enjoyed it and once again, apologies for the late post.  


Follow me on:
Instagram: SalmaKhatun95 & SalaamSalma
Twitter: SalmaKhatun95

2 comments: