Wednesday 18 February 2015

My daily uni life (February Blogging Challenge)

If you are a uni student you may be able to relate to this post.

My daily routine:
So my alarm goes off and after the 10th time of pressing snooze, I mentally prepare myself and set myself the challenge to roll out of bed within 3 seconds.
Sometimes if I am eager I pass this challenge but often, I don't.
I get myself down the stairs, greet my parents if they are awake, interview whoever is on the other side of the bathroom door - 'Who's in there!!?? How long are you going to be??!! HURRY UP!!!'.
Wait around for a bit then get my turn. (Living with a big family with one bathroom isn't as fun as it sounds). I look at the mirror whilst brushing my teeth analysing my designer eye bags which worsen everyday.
After making myself a cuppa I manage to get myself changed, drink my tea whilst putting on my face for the day and voilĂ ... I am ready and kickin' to start my day.
(Okay, I am not as enthusiastic).
Sometimes, when I have late starts, I find myself rushing because I take longer to get ready, taking my precious time, moving around at a snails pace. Often it is because I rave by myself whilst getting ready and take snapchat selfies. Music and getting ready do not go well together.
After kissing my parents goodbye, I get to the station, get on a train and within the hour, I am at university sitting in a lecture which I have done no reading for.
(Just to note something about me, I cannot leave the house or start a day of well if I have not kissed my parents. It's a childhood habit)

Me during uni:
So I will be sitting in my lecture, copying everything off the board on to my notebook. Everyone else uses laptops but I like it old school. (Feather pen, ink pot and papyrus)
Seminars are the most awkward. Everyone speaks and asks technological questions and by that I mean wordy and intellectual. I barely understand the question they ask let alone the response it receives. And then there's me who asks a question in the most simple vocabulary... 'Why is the media bad?' (I haven't actually asked this before)
I am sure everyone does this - avoid eye contact when the teacher looks at you. Unless you really want to say something.
As interesting as my modules are, (Conflict reporting, Humanitarian communication & Arabic language) I go into uni with one aim. To get through to the end of the day and go home.
Last year my aim was to get through the week to enjoy the weekend. It was a mechanical routine where I was doing something which I hated! This year however its much better.
The days I have long gaps (from 4-5 hours) I spend time catching up with work or watching a film. (Thug Life)
Sometimes I feel like it is like this... 
Anyhoo, my journey home consists of me grasping for breath whilst under the arms of sweaty people making their way home after a long day at work. My height is a big disadvantage when it comes to situations like these.
Once at home, my bag goes one way, clothes go the other, hair gets tied up, the fake face removed, nighties on, dinner eaten and the rest of the evening is dedicated to slobbing in front of the TV. Sometimes I have one hour naps which actually last several hours. (This evening was an example of that. 3 hours nap.) (Unless I have last minute reading to do... which I still leave till the morning)

The weekend:
I cannot live without a diary/planner. My weekends get planned weeks in advance and they are what I get through the days for. Family, cleaning up after myself and more slobbing around.

So this is it. The robotic life of this uni student.


This weekend will be different for me... I'm going away for the weekend!!! Wooh!
(This means Friday blog will not be up... If you are following my February Blog Challenge, I apologise in advance. But get ready for Monday's post... All about my weekend trip)

If you haven't already, read my previous blog
Follow me on:
Instagram: SalmaKhatun95 & SalaamSalma
Twitter: SalmaKhatun95

No comments:

Post a Comment