Tuesday 10 November 2015

Humans In My Life - Khadija

"This poem is about a moment in my life that had a drastic effect on me. I never realised how broken and vulnerable I could feel from such a young age. The loss of my niece is something I wish to not forget as my niece is a huge part of my life till this very day and so on her death anniversary last year I decided to write this poem in memory of her....
13
In moments of weakness it slowly creeps in,
The sorrow, the sadness, the silent tears.
13 years since your little soul was taken away,
13 years since I saw you smile,
13 years since I heard you laugh, (even at the silliest of things).
The grief so central to my heart,
For you are the missing part,
I hear the echoes of those dreaded words,
'She's gone'.
I crumble…I…I…I perish,
Not just a niece but a best friend.
And so as the date draws closer, 
Where I am reminded of that awful day,
I remember…13 years since your little soul was taken away".


From me to you: Words of comfort cannot heal the emptiness one feels when a loved one is gone. However, one can feel content knowing that their loved one is closer to God. So I would like to say, your beautiful niece is close to God and she's always looking down on her best friend. 
If there was a more powerful word for 'strong' you would be just that. I know how much hardship you have gone through, and often people go astray or they lose it. Though life has taken you through a maze and it still does sometimes, I'm pretty glad that you are the way you are. You have control over your life, you make things happen and when you find yourself going off course in life, you seek advise, good company and you bring yourself back on track again. 

Check out my last blog post:

Follow my personal and social Instagram pages for pictures and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment