Saturday 28 November 2015

Humans In My Life - Uzma Zulfiqar

"So you always hear these stories about someone accidentally doing something that is literally so stupid to even happen. Well my story is one of these. 

I've always heard stupid stories about people swallowing their Hijab pins, but I've always thought I'm not that stupid.                                      

Last week after rushing home on a Friday after uni, I began to take off my scarf and as normal I placed my pin in the mouth - to me its become a bad habit. 

So as I placed the pin in my mouth and began to pull off my scarf, my sister as per usual found something to argue about,and  completely forgetting the pin in my mouth began to talk and within a second it just dropped straight down my throat. At first I thought 'oh I just swallowed a pin' thinking  it'll just go with the rest of my food right, not really giving it much thought until my mum shouted and within 2 minutes pushed me out of the house and into my sisters car off to the A&E. After the embarrassment of explaining I've swallowed a pin, I was actually asked 'why did you swollow a pin?'  I was x-rayed and retuned a few times being told I'd need to let it pass through naturally.             

But yeah before I get carried away... To all you hijabi sisters please don't keep your pins in your mouth, its still somewhere in my system making it way down".



From me to you: This stupidity certainly does not match the sophisticated, down to earth, mature Uzma who I know. But the reality is, pretty people can be stupid too. I pray the pin is alright... after all, it is somewhere it should not belong. But other than that, I hope it leaves your system without causing you too much pain. But it is a lesson learnt... Do not stick pins in your mouth and do not argue with your elder siblings. 
Check out my last blog post:

Follow my personal and social Instagram pages for pictures and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment