Friday 13 November 2015

Humans In My life - Rahman Jamal

"Eat, sleep, art, repeat. Pretty much the only thing I've known how to do right since birth really. I remember the very first thing I drew at the age of 4 was Spider-Man. 16 years later, I'm still drawing the wall crawler. My parents have always been supportive of me in this field and always encouraged me to chase my dreams. However not every family member is jumping with joy with the idea of me doing Animation as my degree. I am Asian after all, and God forbid I chose to become anything other than a doctor or engineer. Hopefully one day I'll have a nice little job, save up some money and go travel the world. See art from all over the world. Alone or with the significant other... Either way, the goals are simple. Always stay humble, be appreciative be patient and just have fun in life. Your friendly neighbourhood, Jomee or Roman or Ramz or Raj or whatever nickname my friends have given me this year..."


From me to you: I will go with the name Raj (Malhotra). It is quite nice to see a fellow Asian brother going against (not in a rebelious manner) all the stereotypical educational choices of being a doctor or a teacher (not that it is a negative thing). Doing art has made you very creative and think out of the box at times. I am glad your parents have allowed you to draw your own future and colour it in over the years. You will get to where you want. You seem like you really want it! Stay humble and if you ever become this big shot Artist like Picasso, please don't forget me. 

Check out my last blog post:

Follow my personal and social Instagram pages for pictures and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment