Thursday 12 November 2015

Humans In My Life - Sharose Hussain



"Growing up, I physically wasn't the biggest child around. Asserting dominance and gaining confidence was quite hard, a lack of physical presence means you need to find other ways to make yourself noticed. During secondary school I pushed myself to take on any role outside my confidence zone, anything that would make me interact with people and put myself in a position that forced me to use and gain confidence. By year 10 I was confident not just within myself but others around me, were confident in me. This lead to respect. Physical presence wasn't initially on my side but due to interaction, confidence and a sudden growth spurt, I gained the confidence and respect of my fellow student's and teachers who have brought me to a position today, where I'm hoping to soon become a Neuroscientist".


From me to you: when I first read this, it came to me as a shock. How could a cool guy like you have confidence issues? But I guess everyone has a point where they are weak at. I'm glad I got to meet and know the Sharose who overcame this difficult part of life. I'm glad I got to know the Sharose who shone when I first met him, was approachable and overall a bubbly character. You have overcome one of your big obstacles and there will be many more obstacles on your journey to becoming a neuroscientist. I say, don't give up, stay strong, prove negative people wrong and have faith. You will achieve anything you want. 

Check out my last blog post:

Follow my personal and social Instagram pages for pictures and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment